- 1 cup jasmin or basmati rice
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
If your looking for an easy fragrant rice, this is for you. It is so easy to make, requires few ingredients and you can even swap them out for what you have on hand.
My boyfriend loved this rice the very first time I made it. We particularly enjoy having it with fish seasoned with curry or garam masala.
- When measuring the canned coconut milk, make sure to shake the can before opening. You want to use both the cream and water for the rice.
- SUPER SIMPLE : Place all the ingredients in the rice cooker. (mine has a smart sensor so I don’t have to time anything)
- Once cooked, serve as is, or top with fresh green onions, cilantro, roasted peanuts and/or toasted sesame seeds.
- You can make the rice using only water if you don’t have coconut milk on hand, the shredded coconut will impart plenty of flavor.
- Alternatively you could use only coconut milk if you would like a tastier creamier rice. But I do recommend you add 1/4 cup ofwater to help cook the rice.
- The rice has a very subtle sweetness that comes from the sweetened coconut, but if that really is not your thing, go ahead and use unsweetened…it’s your kitchen 🙂